What documents do I need to change school?

We are leaving the UAE.  What documents should I obtain from my children’s current school to ensure a smooth transition to their next school?

Add Comment
1 Answer(s)

It is always best to double check with the education authorities (and where possible, the school) in the country to which you are moving as requirements may vary from country to country.

However, many countries have a similar requirement to the UAE with regard to the provision of a transfer certificate when children move on from the UAE.

The transfer certificate is provided by the Ministry of Education/KHDA and confirms the same information as required when coming to the UAE.

If a child is transferring between Emirates, the certificate does not have to be attested by the MOE and can be obtained directly from the school.

For all other countries, the Ministry’s stamp is required. In general, schools will not provide a transfer certificate if there are any outstanding fees.

Default Answered on May 2, 2015.
Add Comment

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.