Shifting from CBSE to a UK School

My son’s date of birth is 09/06/2009. He is in KG2, at a CBSE curriculum school.

I want to shift him to a British curriculum school. Which schools are applicable to him?

jigami pipaliya Default Asked on October 30, 2014 in Admissions.
Add Comment
1 Answer(s)

Dear Jigami, you can find out details of UK curriculum schools by searching on under British schools or UK curriculum schools. Alternatively, you check the details of UK curriculum schools on the KHDA website by checking the school inspection reports – – inspection reports. These can be reviewed by curriculum.

Dependent on when you plan to move your son to a UK curriculum school, it is likely that he will need to repeat part of the school year, since all UK curriculum schools start the academic year in September. You can only switch curriculum at the start of the school year, if you are already in the UAE. Under the UK curriculum, he would be in year 1 currently (based on his age), so if you move him from the CBSE curriculum next September, he would be promoted to grade 1 in April and then potentially repeat half of year 2 (the grade 1 equivalent) next September, since he will be only half way through grade 1 in his CBSE school when he moves and cannot be promoted. This is an important factor to bear in mind when switching curriculum when moving from the Indian curriculum to any other curriculum with a September start to its academic year.

Once you have done some research on the UK curriculum schools that are of interest to you, the best advice is to speak with the Registrars for further confirmation and clarification around the transfer requirements.

Default Answered on May 2, 2015.
Add Comment

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.